Monday, October 27, 2008

In trouble...

Last week Matt was gone on Tuesday evening, so I was in charge of bringing the trashcan around our house. It was cold outside, and Kaden had played outside earlier and his pants were wet, so I'd taken them off, and wasn't going to put new ones on for an hour. So, I didn't want to bring him with me. It takes 90 seconds to pull the trash around, so I just left him in the house. He was playing with his fridge toys in the kitchen, and I didn't even think he'd miss me. This is what I came home to:

Photobucket

He'd dumped Talbot's food into her nighttime bowl, poured her water into her food dish, then attempted pouring the food back into the food bowl (which now had water). It was a disaster! I was a bit upset with him. I told him "Mommy is very mad right now. Kaden was a bad boy. We don't play with Talbot's food.". I put him in timeout and it was SO sad. He tried very hard not to cry, but his lip did quiver a lot. It broke my heart. I so just wanted to tell him it was okay and not make him go in time out, but I knew for the both of us, he needed to sit for that minute. After his minute was up, he got out of timeout and needed a big hug (okay, we both did) and then I put him in his high chair (I needed to keep him confined while I cleaned up) with his 4 favorite bouncy balls. I made sure to give him extra hugs that night and rocked him before bed. This motherhood thing is tough!

Here is him quivering...
Photobucket

And happy again with his bouncy balls...
Photobucket

No comments: