Thursday, June 5, 2008

We have a climber!

On Saturday night after I put Kaden to bed (he was still awake) I decided to shampoo the carpets downstairs. I try to do this occasionally -- it's crazy how dirty they get with 3 kids (especially after they play outside) and a dog. I was watching Kaden on the video monitor because I was curious if he would a) be able to hear the machine and b) be able to sleep with it. Well as soon as I started it, he instantly stood up and started yelling at the door. I assumed it might just take him a little extra time to get to sleep, so I kept on working. Then I heard a thunk. He often will throw things out of his crib which make the same thunk, but when I glanced at the video monitor I noticed there as no Kaden!! So I ran up the stairs (luckily I could hear him crying, so at least I knew he was alive!) and opened the door to his room. This was a bit tricky, because he was pushing against the door trying to get out (and crying). I could not believe it. I wanted to know how he did it, so I put him back in his crib. He immediately hiked his leg over the edge. Wow. We are so lucky he did not get hurt. So, I took Kaden downstairs and put him in the backpack while Matt lowered the crib. When we bought it, USABAby put it together for us after delivering it. Well, they apparently put it together wrong, so Matt had to take apart the entire crib. After I finished the carpets, I put Baby Einstein on (the carpets were wet so he couldn't play and his room was a disaster because of the crib fiasco!) and let him sit on the ottoman.

Photobucket

Trying to share his paci with the TV
Photobucket

He got down for a moment and climbed right back up. This is how he did it in his crib!
Photobucket

My mom tells me I was a bit of a climber, so I guess he comes by this naturally. I was out of my crib by the time I was 18 months because my mom figured falling out of a toddler bed was better than falling out of the crib. I am definitely not ready to have him out of his crib so I hope lowering it solves our problems!

No comments: