Thursday, June 5, 2008

Sleeping

Lately I've been working with Kaden to get him down to 1 nap/day. He's doing really well with it and lately hasn't even seemed to want the morning nap. I have also tried pushing back his bedtime from 6:30 to 7:15. He's also doing well with this. In fact, some afternoons he'll even sleep 1.5-2 hours. This is huge for Kaden. He's ALWAYS been my short 30-45 minute napper. It's so nice being able to start supper around 5, eat around 5:45 as a whole family (which means Kaden just eats our food, which is great), and still have some time for him to play outside or for all of us to go on a walk together before I start his bedtime stuff . He will sleep until 7-7:30 which is also GREAT! However, yesterday he slept 2.5 hours (I guess I should have woken him up) and wasn't tired at 7:15. He didn't fall asleep until 8:45. But then I heard him at 5 crying and fussing for 10-15 minutes. And then he was up for the day at 6:00. So, by 9:00am he was ready for a nap. I let him sleep an hour, but went up to wake him because otherwise I was worried he wouldn't sleep in the afternoon. I thought this was a great chance to get some sleeping pictures of him. I haven't taken any sleeping pictures of Kaden in forever because I never want to chance waking him up for a picture. But, since I was going to wake him anyways, I snapped a few. He didn't even stir. He was OUT. Here are the pictures.

He moves around so much, but this is a pretty common sleeping position for him.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Well... after lunch he played awhile and I went to lay him down. He just talked and played in his crib and never napped. Guess I should have either let him keep sleeping this morning or not let him nap at all!!

Here's another picture of him. Last night when I was cooking supper, he was "helping" in the kitchen.

Photobucket

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Everybody!
I like the new blog set-up, and there are so many new, cute pictures of Kaden! Hope you are all doing great and enjoying the beginning of summer weather. I will be sure to check the blog to keep up with Kaden and all of his cute pictures!

Take care,
Kelsey