Sunday, March 30, 2008

He's officially ONE!

I know all parents say time flies with kids, but I now know how true that cliche truly is! It's amazing my baby is now a toddler. -- although with more crawling than toddling! He had his 1 year well-baby visit.

His stats:
18lbs 14 oz -- 10%
28.5 in -- 4%
and I don't remember the exact measurement, but his head circumference is at 50%--at least his brains are growing!

He is a small boy, but I guess with Matt & me being so small, that's to be expected! He knows between 10-15 words (some of his favorites are: duck, quack, dog, done, walk, sock, yes, cat), but still does not say mama or dada to Matt or I!!

We have been working more on learning Baby Sign. He signs more and all-done at appropriate times. Last night he started showing me "all done" (I figured he'd still be hungry). I offered him a drink, he turned his head. I offered him a bite, he took it and spit it out. Apparently the kid knows what he's doing!

His monthly pictures:


It's amazing that a year ago he was just a bit smaller than that bunny!! WOW!
This was Kaden at exactly 1 year old -- 1:36pm March 25, 2008.


After supper on his actual birthday, I gave him a cupcake. He actually took a few bites of the cupcake.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy Belated Birthday, Kaden!
Sorry we didn't have time to get a card and gift sent in time, but we did think of you on your first birthday, and it looks like it was a fun one! You got so many neat presents and it looks like the party was fun too. It has been fun to watch you grow into such a cute 1-year old over this past year, as well as see you learn new things. Once again, Happy Belated Birthday, and very, very cute pictures!!

Uncle Mike and Kelsey