Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Wall: 1, Kaden: 0

Tonight Kaden and Matt were playing in the front room. Kaden ran off and tripped and fell right into the corner of the wall. Matt yelled for me, and I walked into the room and found blood gushing/running down Kaden's face and all over his head. Kinda makes a mom's heart stop. After applying some pressure, calming Kaden, and putting ice on it, we realized it was still bleeding. Our next decision was either the ER or Matt stitching/Dermabonding it. Matt really didn't want to spend 2 hours in the ER doing something he could do, so we cleaned it up, and he used Dermabond to seal it together. Kaden sat nicely on my lap watching TV. I was quite happy we didn't have to stitch it, because I knew giving him numbing injections was not going to be fun. He had some Motrin and got to pick what he wanted to for dinner -- ice cream with sprinkles, cherries, whip cream, and vanilla milk. He's now much happier and playing. I kept him up late to keep my eye on him - after the trauma he was pretty tired and had me worried. He's excited that he gets to sleep in Mommy's bed tonight, which will allow me to keep my eye on him throughout the night. Here's some pictures. The discoloration on his shirt is leftover blood, along with the blood on my face. It was amazing how much it bled!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Matthew, Jill, Kaden, & Twins,
It was great to spend time with you at Michael & Rachel's wedding! Kaden was great at his job! :)
OUCH!! Hopefully, this will be the worst of Kaden's injuries during his childhood.
Take care of everybody!
Love, Mom/Sherri/Gramma (Weis)

Heidi Jo the Artist said...

Ouch! Nice to have a doctor in your home for moments like these. Nice that Kaden didn't have to wait in an emergency room which always takes forever. Saw you mentioned your blog on fb and remembered Laura K. gave me the website in a Christmas letter. Hope you don’t mind me reading. Our daughter was born in May of 2007, so she is just a couple of months younger than Kaden. I’m sure if we ever got them together they could get into quite the mischief. ;)