Thursday, September 18, 2008

More pics of Kaden!

Kaden continues to test his ability to defy gravity by climbing all over to get to things that he either a) can't have or b) can't reach! I put the thermometer on the steps (where we often keep things until we make a trip upstairs) and Kaden thought maybe he should have it.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Scary! I really wanted to just take him down, but wanted to get pictures, and also wanted to see what his abilities are at this time. It didn't end real well...

he let go of his right hand to reach the thermometer and fell! I grabbed him, which saved his head from hitting the ground, but his cheek hit the steps a bit...

Photobucket

When I opened the fridge to get him an ice pack, he saw his carton of Vanilla milk -- and I was feeling pretty bad about him falling, so would pretty much give him anything he asked for at the time! The milk made it all better.

The mark on his cheek went along with the other 2 marks he'd gotten in previous days...

trying to go down the steps outside (which he does ALL the time) but missed a step:
Photobucket

running around inside and hitting his head on the couch -- I still, to this day, have no idea how this happened -- the entire back of the couch is soft! He must have just pushed in so far that he hit the boards building the couch!!
Photobucket

Whenever Kaden hits Talbot or one of his friends, I make him go up and say "sorry". For some reason he thinks anytime anything falls and makes a loud noise, or if he falls, he is supposed to say sorry. For example : today his sippy cup fell and he said "sorry!"; He tripped on his pants today and fell and said "Sorry!". After saying "sorry!" he gets up and moves on. It's the CUTEST thing! He has such good manners! Needless to say, with all his falls, he says "sorry" a lot!
But, despite his falls and bumps and bruises, he remains a happy, wonderful, sweet boy. He's gotten really verbal -- we're just over 100 words now! He is really good at expressing to me what he wants and when. He has busy and fun days and generally is enjoying life -- just as any almost 18 month old (yikes!!) should!

going down the slide--
Photobucket

Photobucket

playing with stamps and Elmo stickers
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

finished masterpiece:
Photobucket

Kaden also pays attention to EVERYTHING I do, even when I don't realize it. The other day after I clipped his fingernails/toenails he got ahold of the clippers. I had gone to the kitchen to clean up breakfast and found him sitting on the couch like this:

Photobucket

Photobucket

He is so stinkin' cute! I love how he's doing it exactly how I do and how careful he is!

I have started putting Kaden in a 1-minute time out if he's hitting Talbot or his friends or trying to go after Talbot's food/water dishes. The time out really seems to be working -- in fact, it's been over a week or so since he's even thought about messing with Talbot's water. I was too tired of cleaning up water messes! When I put him in time out, I just sit him wherever we happen to be at the time -- he doesn't have a "time out corner" or anything like that. He does well staying put until I tell him to get up, then I give him a hug and tell him I love him and then he goes off to play. I occassionally have to say "Kaden, sit" and he does. He also does his fair share of trying to see what he can exactly get away with while in time out -- which isn't much!

a few tears--
Photobucket

then a smile--
Photobucket

The realtor showed our house last weekend -- I had to wake Kaden up from his nap to leave the house-- he was sleeping hard!
Photobucket

Kaden is still our little blankie/paci boy. I have thought about weaning him from the paci, but know that we'll (hopefully) be traveling in the next few months to visit some of the places that Matt interviews and know that I will want to have access to a paci on a plane ride (as will all the other passengers!). He usually almost always only gets the paci at naptime/bedtime, so it's not a huge concern for me either! One morning after he woke up I was empying the dishwasher. Apparently Kaden thought his blanket needed cleaning.

Photobucket

Photobucket

My little artist still loves to color, paint, stamp, play with Play Doh -- any art or craft activity he loves!
Photobucket

He has always been interested in the laptop -- I'm sure it's because he sees Matt or I using it and know it has to be fun since we like it. He also listens to music on it so that also strikes his interest. Since his Aunt Nicole went to college, he has been able to talk to her using the webcam. He sees the webcam now and will shout "Cole! Cole!"... he got ahold of the computer on his own the other day

Photobucket

Kaden loves playing with his kitchen and play table. One morning he "set" the table by putting food and dishes on it, then carefully cleaned up and put everything into a bucket! He's such a wonderful boy!

Photobucket

(I love how he has all the utensils in the cup here:)
Photobucket

cleaning up:
Photobucket

and putting everything in this bucket:
Photobucket

One of Kaden's newest, most fun presents is his kid vacuum that we found at Walmart. He LOVES to help/watch me vacuum...now he has his own (which actually works and picks up a little bit!)
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

another way he pays attention to me-- he picks up the vacuum and puts it on Talbot's bed to clean it!!
Photobucket

Also when I'm vacuuming I'll pick up and move Talbot's bed... apparently Kaden did the same...this is where he put her bed and the doormat from the front door!
Photobucket

and then proceeded to vacuum...
Photobucket

Photobucket

he even took the hose part off and did some hose vacuuming like I do!! The boy cracks me up!
Photobucket

Photobucket

Some of my old purses I've put in the toy box for Kaden and Marie to play with. Kaden was busy playing with one the other evening, then picked it up, carried it to the door and said "bye bye". He then went and got a shoe and brought it to Matt, sat down in front of him, and waited until he put the shoe on. Matt told him he needed the other shoe, so Kaden went and found another shoe (not a matching one!) and brought it back. Eventually he was all set with 2 matching sandals and headed to the door. We let him go outside and he walked all the way to the hill by our house! Always carrying his "man bag"!!
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Ooooooo---the Moon!
Photobucket

"moon! moon!"
Photobucket

"I'm outta here peeps"
Photobucket

Juliet is now sitting up really well and has started interacting a lot with Kaden and Marie -- Kaden and her were playing with Talbot and laughing at me singing:
Photobucket

attacking Talbot
Photobucket

and laughing about it:
Photobucket

hmm...puzzles!
Photobucket

"I wonder what Talbot will do if I come running at her, screeching loudly?!?"
Photobucket

haha
Photobucket

and then throwing a fit when I took the puzzle away and wouldn't let him torment Talbot
Photobucket

hey -- I didn't say he was perfect and sweet ALL the time :).

cute boy
Photobucket

Photobucket

Marie and Kaden played in the bath the other morning when it was too wet to go outside (in their swimmers diapers!)
"Here Marie, let me help you rinse off"
Photobucket

"Thanks Kaden, I love you"
Photobucket

Messy eater -- first with chili and licking the butter off the crackers, and then playing in his ketchup
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

New Shoes!! The other day it was a bit cooler and Kaden wore pants. It was then that I realized he only has his sandals and no shoes!! So, that weekend we went and got him a pair! He was so excited to have shoes like Mommy and Daddy!
Photobucket

Photobucket

You know it's been a good nap when....

you wake up and your hair looks like this:
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


Enjoy the pics!

No comments: