Thursday, September 4, 2008

Busy Boy!

Kaden has always been an active, busy boy. Lately he's added climbing to his list of hobbies! He is so tiny that he's able to get himself into the smallest, most uncomfortable situations. Examples: he takes the water filter cover off the bottom of the fridge all the time -- he now sticks his ABC magnets inside the tube (it's empty since we don't use the water) and then can reach his arm all the way in the tube to pull the letters out; he was sitting with Matt & I on the couch tonight and started yelling "kite! kite! kite!" ...he saw his kite stored behind the TV and crawled between the TV stand and the wall, pulled at the kite, turned himself around, and got out... there are more! (see below!)

He is still such a happy and enjoyable boy. He sometimes needs reminders to play gently, share toys, etc. (typical 1 year old stuff!) but generally is sweet to his friends and does a great job sharing. He almost always says "thank you" or "welcome" (which sounds like welcomema). It's so cute when I hand him something to eat or a crayon and he'll say "welcomema" -- he says welcome for thank-you a lot. If I make him apologize to one of his friends for something, he usually walks over to Talbot and gently pats her head saying "sorry"... I guess he realizes he's apologizing to her most often from taking things from her, hitting her, pulling her hair, etc. Good thing she's a tolerant dog!

Kaden is a very verbal boy. When I teach him new words, he catches on really quickly and then remembers them. I recently made a word-list of his words -- 95!! Some are a bit harder to understand but are usually pretty recognizable. He is also doing well with signing -- he can consistently sign: more, all done, eat, drink, cat, dog, bird, night-night. I don't sign a whole lot with him, primarily because of his large vocabulary, but he does do well remember the signs. He watches a show called Signing Time and will sit and move his hands like they are showing on the TV. It's so cute!

Here are some pictures from the past couple days:

He loves wearing our shoes and *trying* to walk around in them. Tonight he found one of my shoes and was putting his foot in it -- then walked to the boot bench and pulled the matching shoe out and started walking around in both shoes!
Photobucket

Photobucket

I still have the jumperoo up for Juliet to use. Today Kaden was standing by it repeating "mommy, mommy, mommy" ... when I went over to him, I realized he was wanting IN the jumperoo. He was so cute playing just like he did last year at this time!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I have been working on the quilt that I started years ago -- now that I have more than a 30 min break during the day, I have a bit of time to work on it. (yay!). Kaden found the cord laying under the triple and knew exactly where it went! He watches everything I do so carefully...today he was pretending to sweep the floor and pulled the rug away because he knew he had to sweep under it!! And when he pushes his corn popper toy, he pretends that he's vaccuming and will push and pull the toy and even move Talbot's bed so he can "vaccum" under it!

Photobucket

ClimbeR!!

Kaden only gets his paci when he's going to sleep. He usually doesn't ever think about it during the day, but he knows I keep a paci in the cup holder to the triple (for emergencies on walks!!). He was determined to get the paci after repeated "no's" from me! I was going to take him off the chair immediately, but knew I wanted to get a picture! The whole time I was taking a picture I was thinking "please don't fall, please don't fall, etc!"

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

More ClimbeR!

I told Kaden we were going to his friend Matthew's house yesterday (for playgroup). He assumed we were walking. After getting Juliet in the carseat I was calling Kaden to the front door when I hear him saying "reeaaaaaaddyy, rrrrrreaaaaaadddyyyyyy".. this is how I found him:

Photobucket

He had climbed from the front of the stroller, up into the first seat, over the back, turned himself around, and was sitting and waiting for me!
Photobucket

Photobucket

Tired Boy! Can you blame him?!? On Monday, after having a busy weekend and morning, Kaden was exhausted. He sat on the couch, holding his blankee and cup, watching Sesame Street!

Photobucket

No comments: