Monday, August 4, 2008

From the last couple weeks

I got Kaden a set of watercolors to paint with. He loves all types of coloring/painting, so I figured he would enjoy this, too. I was right. He had a lot of fun. It took me awhile to realize that it's okay for him to mix the colors (I can remember doing the same as a kid) so after I let him start taking control, he REALLY had fun!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Kaden loves eating Lucky Charms cereal. Well, really it's the marshmallows he enjoys. I gave him a handful of cereal in a cup the other day and he carefully carried it over to Talbot's bed. He sad by her and ate his cereal. Then he decided to dump it on her bed. ...the next bite was covered in hair! But they are still cute together, even if one sheds a bit more than the other!

Photobucket

I went through a bunch of boxes that were filled with my teaching supplies. I found some things I thought Kaden would enjoy. One is a crayon cup caddy. He loves playing with it (without crayons). He carries it around, put things in the cups, removes the cups, etc. He decided to carry the caddy (with only 1 cup) to the ball drop and fill the cup with balls. I love watching his brain work.
Photobucket

Photobucket

More water time outside! It's been 100 degrees here for so many days so finding things to do outside is a bit hard. On Friday I filled our pool and let Kaden & Juliet play in the water. They had a great time.

I have a feeling this picture may come back to haunt him in 15 years! Instead of using Huggies or Pampers swim diapers all the time (a bit wasteful for playing in the backyard) I bought Kaden a reuseable swim diaper at Target. I didn't see any point in putting him in his swim trunks to play outside with Juliet & I, so this is how he went -- hat, swim diaper, 2 watering buckets, and shoes! Although honestly the hat only made it long enough to take this picture!

Photobucket


Photobucket

Photobucket

Talbot got a bit warm and decided to join them.
Photobucket

Then Kaden started filling his watering bucket and carrying water up the steps into the grass.
Photobucket

He tried filling the cups on his own, but the water kept hitting the side of the cup, making the cup tip over. He was persistent though and eventually was successful!

Photobucket


Our neighbor Julie has a sprinkler that she uses to water her plants. Kaden decided to borrow it several weeks ago and we finally hooked it up!

checking it out...
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

running through the water
Photobucket


Kaden was being a twerp today and decided to get behind the TV (he knows he's not allowed back there). So instead of trying to get him out (it's VERY hard to reach and pull him up and out) I told him I was going to go see the cats (at Julie's house, which he LOVES to go see). I said "come on Talbot, bye Kaden"... I went to the door. I pretended to leave and instantly came back. It was enough to give him motivation to get himself out from behind the TV. However, this is how he was when I first came back. As soon as I clicked these pictures, he got out and walked right to the door (no tears at all - amazing how they instantly stop!). So, we went to Julie's house.

Photobucket

Photobucket

PS-- I promise I'm not a bad/mean mommy -- :).

1 comment:

Monica said...

Golly!!!! He's really growing up fast! He's such a cute little boy!