Saturday, December 1, 2007

A letter from me

I was really busy this week. It started getting colder outside so my Mommy & Daddy made sure I stayed warm by getting me this snow suit. For my family and friends in Iowa---cold to me is 45 degrees...not sure what I'll do if it gets colder than that!! Good thing Mommy says she doesn't ever want to live in Minnesota--- I know I wouldn't be able to make it there!

I have been very active this week. I'm making lots more sounds, like mmmm, sometimes mama, dada, baba, gee, hey/hi, and lots of other things that I don't know how to spell. I have found one of my favorite past times is blowing bubbles with my lips. I'm really good at this and love watching my spit land in various places.

I love playing with toys now! I found the stash of all the daycare toys the other day and decided to help myself. I kept pulling one toy out, then another, then another. Each time I would play with the toy for awhile then move on. We have some really cool toys at our house!!

I play with Talbot a lot now. I'm learning how to be more gentle with her, but I don't think she really cares even when I pull really hard. I think she's pretty funny and she makes me laugh and smile a lot.

I also learned how to roll over from my back to my tummy this week (mommy & daddy tell me I should have been doing this a few months ago, but I just wasn't in a hurry!). Once I learned how to roll over, I learned how to turn myself 360 degrees to play with different toys. This is really fun! I've been trying to pull myself up, but haven't quite figured out how to do it.

Mommy bought me some really fun slippers when we were shopping the other day. They are fun to play with, but best of all they keep my feet warm. This is really nice when we go outside for walks or when I'm in the swing. I guess Mommy & Daddy hadn't realized that my toes were getting cold faster than theirs because I wasn't wearing shoes like they were. But now I have my slippers so I'm much happier and warmer.

Another thing that I discovered this week was measuring cups!! Grandma Kathy told me all about this fun kitchen stuff that Uncle Bri used to play with when he was little and I've just started discovering that she knew what she was talking about. Why has no one ever told me about these things before?!?! I can clap them together, bang them on the table, chew on them, hang on to them...they're great!

One of the toys I really liked playing with this week was the ball drop. I can bang the balls now and make them come out the hole in the bottom. However, the other day I had the toy turned and the ball never came out!! I was so frustrated that I couldn't figure out how to get the ball. You might be able to see the yellowish-orangeish ball in the middle of the toy. Eventually I got the ball to the bottom of the toy and then tried reaching in the hole to grab the ball. This didn't really work out how I wanted it to though because I ended up just pushing the ball farther back into the toy!! Mommy was very impressed at my thinking skills during this time though.

You can see pictures of all the things I just told you about below. Enjoy!
Love, Kaden

























No comments: