Sunday, June 21, 2009

Matt's First (night?) Day

Matt's first rotation officially begins tonight, well, technically tomorrow, at 12:01am. Because interns don't really start until Monday, he won't go in until 12:01, but other nights he'll usually work from 6 or 7pm until 9am. He'll then come home and sleep. He'll have about an hour each day to hang out with Kaden and I, relax, read, research about patients, etc. Unfortunately we're not done sanding/mudding the basement, so this week his hour break we'll spend in the basement working. We're hoping this phase will all be done by Sunday night.

I can't believe the beginning of his residency is already here. 4 years ago we thought this day would never come, and now it's here! I'm not sure either of us are ready. It's going to be a busy, crazy year and I know Kaden and I will spend lots of hours alone and Matt will be working very hard. I hope he has time to relax, sleep, and enjoy himself while staying so busy.

No comments: