Sunday, February 15, 2009

Tough Kid!

I forgot to post this story when I posted earlier tonight.

The other day I noticed during Kaden's bath that he had a small splinter in the palm of his hand. He must have got it that day when playing with his "fishy wa" outside. I was really dreading taking it out, because I knew he was going to cry and be upset, but also knew this was one of those horrible parenting jobs that ranks up there with cleaning up vomit and dirty diapers.

So, I took my fingers and squeezed his palm -- What did he do? Cry? Scream? Nooo!! He laughed!!! Like serious giggles! So I stopped for a moment, then started again and the giggles started again!! I was able to get the splinter out without a problem! Our son is a tough a$$!!

Then he started looking at his hands and found a freckle he has on his index finger and said "another one. another one"

What a silly, tough boy!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was checking to see if there was anything new :)....but I ended up seeing that there is only 14 days til Match Day...how exciting!! oh p.s. so cute and I miss all of you so much! Love you guys!