Friday, November 21, 2008

Update on Kaden

Just wanted to update everyone on Kaden since the last post. He's still sick. I took him back to the doctor on Thursday morning. He's been diagnosed with Rotavirus -- no fun! Dr. Hewett told us the diarrhea could last another week. We were out of the Zofran for the vomiting, and since it had been almost 48 hours w/out him being sick (he'd been on the Zofran during that time), I thought we were over it. But, last night Kaden proved me wrong. About 11pm he woke up because he'd had a diaper blow out and vomited all over the place. So I cleaned him up, re-bathed him, and got him into clean jammies. He hung out in my bed watching Baby Einstein while I cleaned/disinfected the crib and the bathtub and took out the trash. He's now on more Zofran today. He's not eating much, which is understandable, and I'm trying to push fluids. All he's really interested in is watching TV and sitting on my lap. His bottom is getting a bit better, so that's good. Hopefully he recovers this weekend!

No comments: