Monday, April 14, 2008

Around the house

My friend Angela lives in the neighborhood and has a son, Colin, that's a few weeks younger than Kaden. She brought her 2 children over the other day when it was like 80 degrees outside. They had fun playing outside.

Kaden's started trying to figure out what fits inside what. I love picking up the toys and finding random things he's stuck (or at least tried to stick) inside another object. Apparently this water bottle didn't fit in the hole!
He really likes this Sesame Street book. He is able to push the buttons on his own which starts music and shows one of the characters. He likes it a lot, although in this picture he doesn't look real thrilled!

Some days - okay, most days - Kaden wakes up from his nap way earlier than he should. He's really afraid that he's missing out on something. For a few months he was taking 2 30-min naps. I could set my watch to it. The past 2 weeks I've taught him to put himself to sleep for naps, and the afternoon nap sometimes will even last 1 hour 30 min (or even more!). This is amazing! He woke up too early on this day and found Marie's paci laying on the floor. When I came around the corner to see him, he was sitting with her paci in upside down, holding his blankie, and watching Sesame Street.

disclaimer to Scott and Marjorie-- no worries, it was fully washed before Marie got it next!

Another tired day-- he pulled the pillow off the couch and laid down. He's so freaking cute all the time!And he knows it!

Another new favorite game-- he stands on one side of the door and looks through the glass at me. Then laughs when I peek my head around. He thinks this game is hilarious!
I started taking the 2 cushions off the love seat and making that couch more Kaden-sized. He loves being on the couch on his own!
300% boy! Kaden is really curious about getting into things these days as he explores everywhere. He was trying to get up on the couch, so he pushed this toy against the ottoman, then proceeded to try and climb it. Apparently it didn't work how he was hoping!I have been trying to finish up parts of Kaden's baby book. One of the pages is titled "you sleeping"..well I don't have many pictures of him sleeping in his crib because I'm always afraid it will wake him and I never want to take that chance! I took this one the other night after he went asleep. It's a bit blurry b/c I didn't use flash, but good enough!
Look - no hands! He's getting more and more brave with regards to letting go of things and taking off. He was standing next to Talbot, holding onto her, and decided to let go and walk to the ottoman. He almost made it!

No comments: